Sign in to follow this  

Only visually challenged need apply!

For those that can NOT see without glasses wile riding. :banana:

What do you do?

Goggles over glasses?

Goggles with prescription lenses?

Ride with glasses without goggles?

I need to do something, but I need to know what works best.

Thanks!

PS> My eyes are not Lasik candidates!

Edited by Blaster21996

Goggles over glasses works, lots of anti-fog. PRK is probably the single greatest thing I've done for myself. Military paid for mine, but it's getting affordable. 4 days of itching, horrible light sensetivity, a few weeks of a little blur, and I've been 20/15 for the last 1 1/2 years.

Goggles over glasses works, lots of anti-fog. PRK is probably the single greatest thing I've done for myself. Military paid for mine, but it's getting affordable. 4 days of itching, horrible light sensetivity, a few weeks of a little blur, and I've been 20/15 for the last 1 1/2 years.

What is PRK?

Goggles over glasses work for me as well.

I use an anti-fog product and a minor mod to the goggles. I take one of the yellow spongey ear plugs, cut it in half length wise, and then take a very small drop of Super Glue and glue it to the top edge of the goggle frame foam towards the outside of each eye.

This allows just a bit more ventilation when the anti-fog starts to "go away" at the wrong time.

:banana:

PRK is Photorefractive keratectomy. It's the forerunner of LASIK surgery. If you don't mind having eye surgery.

If you consider this option find the very best eye guy around. You don't want to put any body part in the hands of a novice especially your eyes!

Goggles over glasses work for me as well.

I use an anti-fog product and a minor mod to the goggles. I take one of the yellow spongey ear plugs, cut it in half length wise, and then take a very small drop of Super Glue and glue it to the top edge of the goggle frame foam towards the outside of each eye.

This allows just a bit more ventilation when the anti-fog starts to "go away" at the wrong time.

Thank you for posting!

That is what I am leaning towards. I have a pair of OTG goggles, but I have bifocal lenses in my glasses. They jump around when I'm riding, and it becomes a distraction. I was thinking of getting a pair of non-bifocal glasses just for riding.

I have glasses/goggles. My glasses are small-lensed(maybe you can see them in my avatar?) the regular goggles fit over them. when I put on my goggles I do have to pull the glasses forward a bit out away from my nose so they dont' jam into my face.

I had to pull out the foam along the cheeks to prevent fogging(most of it).

If I take the goggles off(which I have to sometimes when it's stop and go in really humid rainy weather) my glasses bounce around. wah

I have bifocal lenses in my glasses. They jump around when I'm riding, and it becomes a distraction. I was thinking of getting a pair of non-bifocal glasses just for riding.

I would deffinately go that route in your shoes, that or even a contact with the distance Rx for riding and then pop them out and put your glasses on for the drive home.

Luckly for me I had Lassik a year ago (sorry not trying to rub it in) and am absolutely thrilled with it, before that I wore contacts most of the time.