Sign in to follow this  

2010 RMZ hour meter problem

Hey suzuki-guys!

I tried the search function but didn´t find what I was looking for.

A couple of Swedish guys are having problems with their hour meters on the new Suzuki´s, they can´t get them to work!

They have tried several of them, and never had problems on previous bikes.

I´ve given them all advice I can about winding it 3-4 times around the coil, as well as pushing the wire firmly in to the slot. They say it still doesn´t work.

Even tried a version with a ground lead, but no luck.

Is this a problem any one of you have had?

Thanks in advance

/ Daniel

Are they sure they're wrapping it around the right part? Not the boot but the actual plasctic piece right above it? remember the first time I bought an hour meter for my crf150r, the counterperson told me to wrap it around the wires, not the coil, and drill holes in my frame, what a tool, I also asked him also how to get the coil out without the pulling the crap out of it and he took me to the mechanic and left, and he rides a crf250r... I don't go there anymore... I'am getting my 2010 farely soon, and have already looked them up and down, and it's pretty well the same thing as my 07 except for the bracket holding the coil in place to keep it from moving.

Are they sure they're wrapping it around the right part? Not the boot but the actual plasctic piece right above it?

They are on a Swedish motorcycle forum, so I haven´t seen it in person, but they claim to understand how to do it, it just doesn´t wanna work on the 2010 model.

They are even discussing if the fuel injection causes the problem, which I hardly think would be the case.

Early in this discussion I even showed them pics from an installation I made a while ago, but no luck:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=731291&highlight=

Anyone else had this problem on the 2010?

I have the same problem. I did put it 4 times around the coil, didn't work. Then i tried sparkplug wire, same thing and finally tried the killswitch wire, didin't work either.

Maybe it's just Europian hour meters.

Haha, could be, but some of them are Sendec and similar brands. Sendec is an American product right? (manufactured and assembled in China of course).

I got mine to work. I had to extend the wire so i could get more rounds over the coil. Also i did put it lower in the coil, under the rubber seal. I'm not sure which one was the anser, but now it works fine.

I got mine to work. I had to extend the wire so i could get more rounds over the coil. Also i did put it lower in the coil, under the rubber seal. I'm not sure which one was the anser, but now it works fine.

Thanks! I´ll be sure to tell the guy who had the problems!

Good luck with your new bike in 2010!:thumbsup: