Sign in to follow this  

5.10-17 tire

Tried searching, but 5.10 wouldnt work. Hopefully gonna order new rear tire soon, and I think Im gonna give the Shinko 700 a shot.

Im pretty sure 4.60-17 works out to be just about the same a stock 120/90. Im also pretty sure guys have ran the little wider 5.10-17 without problems.

Just checking that it will fit on the stock rear wheel no prob. Ive seen pics of them mounted on the bikes themselves, so Im gonna assume tire clearance isnt an issue.

Also, the 5.10 is listed as a tubeless tire. This can be run with a tube like a stock tire no prob right?

This is for my '08 650.

Tried searching, but 5.10 wouldnt work. Hopefully gonna order new rear tire soon, and I think Im gonna give the Shinko 700 a shot.

Im pretty sure 4.60-17 works out to be just about the same a stock 120/90. Im also pretty sure guys have ran the little wider 5.10-17 without problems.

Just checking that it will fit on the stock rear wheel no prob. Ive seen pics of them mounted on the bikes themselves, so Im gonna assume tire clearance isnt an issue.

Also, the 5.10 is listed as a tubeless tire. This can be run with a tube like a stock tire no prob right?

This is for my '08 650.

I run the Kings (now called Shinko 700) KT-966's on my bike. The rear is a 5:10-17, front 300-21.... no fitment issues. :banana: See my garage.

Edited by mx_rob

I saw an old post that you said you were, but wasnt sure if you were running the stock rim, or if any of the wheels were different through the different years.

Good to know, I guess I'll have to go with the 5.10 now then.

Thanks

I am running the Shinko 700 5.10 at the moment. I was running the Shinko 244 5.10 so I got the same size in the 700. TOTALY different profile, the 700 in 5.10 is so rounded being on the narrow DR rim, go for the 4.60 . It`s also a bitch to fit, the 244 5.10 was a piece of cake.

I just mounted a shinko 700 5.10x17 and had no issues mounting it. only did dry tar (50miles) and about 20 miles of fire roads with it yesterday, I am very happy with the on pavement manners and was decent offroad as well. Had a kenda trakmaster 2 back there b4 which was awesome on dirt but not so hot on the tar. definetly go 5.10 it almost looks a little to skinny back there...

which did you like better, the 244's or the 700?

I ride mostly gravel roads so my next tyre will be a 244. Much better in the rough stuff and not so good on the street.:banana:

I just mounted a shinko 700 5.10x17 and had no issues mounting it. only did dry tar (50miles) and about 20 miles of fire roads with it yesterday, I am very happy with the on pavement manners and was decent offroad as well. Had a kenda trakmaster 2 back there b4 which was awesome on dirt but not so hot on the tar. definetly go 5.10 it almost looks a little to skinny back there...

Skinny , thats what mean. The tyre looks squished on the narrow DR rim, the 244 in a 5.10 looks fat and wide. The mounting problems were the side walls are a lot stiffer than a 244, so takes 5-10 mins longer getting it on and off. I change to full knobblies if going trail/dirt riding. swapping from 244`s I`m good to go in 45mins, swapping from 700`s takes about a hour.