Sign in to follow this  

Crazy P.O.'s !!!!

Recently got a 97 KX125 in Oct .... have been slowly rebuilding,re-greasing,etc checking everything over cuz i dont trust others maintenance. And good thing cuz i found frozen(rusted) swingarm bearings:bonk:, after taking 20 min just to get the main bolt out that holds the swingarm to frame...like it wasn't serviced since 97!? :lol: not to mention all the mis matched bolts/screws !!

Point is ...P.O.'s are crazy to not do maintenance on something that you ride and jump 40mph +

Man ....its a blast re-greasing / fixing everything and making the bike ridable again ....safely :banana:

Maintenance is almost as fun as riding ....almost :banana:

Anyone else have any other crazy PO stories plz chime in :banana:

well i bought a bike that was to "loud", so he never rode it because of it, and then i found out that it din't have reeds, and the idle would be normal to loud crazy. And then he din't know that the fuel had to be mixed, but he never rode it, good thing huh?. I got it cheap, and it gave me somthin to do. And then sold it and made a profit :banana:

Suspension linkage drier than Pelosi's underwear, mis-matched hardware, SAE hardware (lol). The hardware is most aggrivating for me, espescially on that 94 I just worked on. Non spoke tighening, trans oil changin', fork seal replacing, silencer repacking FOOLS! Much less even taking a sponge to your dam bike! :banana: ok...don't wash it, but at least leave it out in the rain once or twice so it doesn't get toooo crusty. lmfao

I gotta give one guy credit though, he DID lube the chain.....but the whole left side of the bike was BLACK! lmao :lol: How about this airfilter?

KXPics008.jpg

The worst thing I think I have seen in the many lime green bikes I have is a rear sprocket. Normally, the teeth point upward. The teeth on this one particular sprocket are so worn that they are bent over, like at 9 o'clock instead of 12 o'clock. Actually, they kind of curve over like an ocean wave crashing. :banana:

This is from a 1997 KDX200 I worked on in 2009.

swingarmboltandbearings.JPG

The worst thing I think I have seen in the many lime green bikes I have is a rear sprocket. Normally, the teeth point upward. The teeth on this one particular sprocket are so worn that they are bent over, like at 9 o'clock instead of 12 o'clock. Actually, they kind of curve over like an ocean wave crashing. :lol:

This is from a 1997 KDX200 I worked on in 2009.

swingarmboltandbearings.JPG

wow ...how do people ride bikes like that :banana:

its like the bike is crying for help :banana:.... good thing you got it :banana:

my swingarm bolt looked the same ...after taking forever to get it out :banana::banghead:

My whole bike was a mess from the PO. Rotting/bare/dangling wires, all over the whole bike, even tucked in behind the front plate restricting the bars from going side to side correctly. Mud caked in the air box so thick that I had to take remove it, take a stick and break it up to get it out. Mismatched bolts holding the engine in some not even tightened down. I fixed quite a few things on my bike and it was quite a bit of fun for me, got me a 82 PW50 for the kids now in the same boat but only paid $100 for it :banana:

24519_361919782882_641627882_3752530_6956124_n.jpg

My buddy called and told me there was a bike on the side of the road for sale that looked rough, but cranked. I don't know if he mentioned the fact that the chain was not connected to make it propel itself forward or not.

Apparently, with a 52 pilot (stock is 48, but around here a 45 is the way to go), it cranked on the first freakin' kick. The float bowl had dirt in the bottom and the air filter looked like a pack of rats had eaten all they could and moved on, but it did crank.

I have GOT to take a picture of that sprocket one of these days and post it on here! It's like 48 of these:

paint-wave-wall-800X800.jpg

My buddy called and told me there was a bike on the side of the road for sale that looked rough, but cranked. I don't know if he mentioned the fact that the chain was not connected to make it propel itself forward or not.

Apparently, with a 52 pilot (stock is 48, but around here a 45 is the way to go), it cranked on the first freakin' kick. The float bowl had dirt in the bottom and the air filter looked like a pack of rats had eaten all they could and moved on, but it did crank.

I have GOT to take a picture of that sprocket one of these days and post it on here! It's like 48 of these:

paint-wave-wall-800X800.jpg

:lol::lol: unfortunately i have seen those type sprockets too:thumbsup:

crazy P.O. 's :banana:

got to love it when PO thinks spray painting the bike is a good idea.... I normally drop whatever price I had in mind to offer a few hundred bucks. 1981xt250 asking $300 paid $150 ...(the entire bike was painted flat black and had a pair of camo cargo shorts stapled on for a seat cover)

1998 KDX200 Asking $1200 paid $750 (he painted the side covers black)