Sign in to follow this  

Flywheel weight on 09?

Hey there, does anyone have feedback on flywheel weights for the 09?

I've been searching in the forums here and via Google and there really isn't much out there and especially not much from people that have them.

I saw on Steahlys website its actually a replacement flywheel in 11 or 17oz heavier than stock...so asking if you guys like a heavier flywheel or a weight, etc.

I went up a tooth on the rear and I like the way it comes out of corners and feels in general...intitially I thought the weight would negate that but now my buddy has talked me into thinking it might help me by smoothing out the power (and not "negating" the extra tooth I guess its a different concept).

So anyway any feedback would be appreciated I've never ran a flywheel weight (2T or 4-stroke).

Thanks,

Aaron

Had the +15 steahly on my 06, plan on putting another on my 09.

The one I had was a replacement flywheel 15oz heavier than stock. I would rather it that way as the add-on weight could come loose with the power of a 450.

The weight work great IMO, doesn't slow it down just smooths it out, (less snap) gets better traction, easier to start, less likely to stall.

Thanks man...hope it works well on the 09 too.

I guess I'm going to try it what the heck. And yeah the "weight" is an entire flywheel 17oz heavier than stock.

I'm still surprised there isn't more info on this for the 09...