Sign in to follow this  

Lucas oil?

Just wondering if anyone uses Lucas 10w40 motorcycle oil in their 450? I know that Rotella seems to be the most common choice but im just looking for some experiance on anyone running lucas etc? Thanks for the help!

Lucas makes excellent oil. Their motorcycle oil costs much less if you get it at O'reilly or Autozone instead the bike shop.

I have been very impressed with their oil:banana:. No failures in any of my bikes. I run it in both engine and tranny with good restults. I can get it close to my house. Plus its cheaper than most other oils made for bikes. Its clear oil with no color to it, and stays clear in the bike for several hours of riding. Not really any benefit to clear oil, but it makes me happy looking in a clear sight glass and not seeing dark liquid that could be hiding metal shavings. Plus I know when to change my fluid just by sight now (when it starts to get too dark). I have been running it my 08 Crf450r since new (52 hrs). Valves haven't budged. The clutch basket still looks great with no wear marks. Piston and cylinder look great as well. I'll give Lucas Oil a thumbs up :banana:!

• Like 1

Thanks again guys!! I have seen some reveiws and test that pretty much put Lucas in the middle of the road section? I guess it doesnt really matter to much because I change it every 8hr anyway! Just looking to see if someone has used it regularly, and how many hours they got on their bikes etc.

One of the cool things about Lucas is they are a primary sponsor of AMA Pro Motocross and Supercross. When you buy Lucas products, you are also supporting the sport.