Sign in to follow this  

What mods for KTM 250 XCFW

Hey just bought a 2008 KTM 250 XCF-W and i ride mostly trails maybe hit some jumps on the track, im 160lbs and 5ft 9inch. The bike has a skid plate and hand guards and im jetting it, are there any other mods that people have loved on this bike?

maybe a damper

your one of those lucky ones that these bikes come suspended for

ok couple questions. What is a dampner? If i "dampen" the fork and the back spring can i make them softer? what did u mean by "your one of those lucky ones these bikes come suspended for"?

what would a steering damper help? and i know i wish i had the stock springs but i bought it from a guy who put in new shocks set at 190lbs how to i make them softer without re-valving them?

I have a stock spring for the xcfw 250. I wish this was a year ago. We could of just swapped springs!

Just get the jetting right, and ride it. At your weight, the stock suspension should be fine. No need for anything else right now.

ride it, with ride gear you may be close to the springs weight of 190. You can tell the rear springs rate by looking at it and finding the painted on numbers. Should be something like 72-250. Tell us what you have on the rear.