Sign in to follow this  

Help with fork disassembly

I have an 09WR450 and am in the process of doing a revalve on the forks. I am trying to remove the base valve, but it just spins and will not unthread from the from the fork body. I in the manuel it looks like it just threads out am I missing something?:banana:

Thanks

They are not actually threaded into the bottom of the fork, instead, they are threaded into a cartrage that is internal in the fork. It seals via a copper washer that fits over the basevalve. Try using a impact wrench while compressing the fork springs. This will usually hold the cartrage from turning. They make a tool to hold the cartrage while you remove the basevalve.

They are not actually threaded into the bottom of the fork, instead, they are threaded into a cartrage that is internal in the fork. It seals via a copper washer that fits over the basevalve. Try using a impact wrench while compressing the fork springs. This will usually hold the cartrage from turning. They make a tool to hold the cartrage while you remove the basevalve.

:banana: Impact should get it!