Antigravity Batteries Giveaways: Winners Announced! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

looking to buy a ktm, what are the differences betweeen models?

ok im in the market for a new or slightly used ktm 2-stroke i am a heavy set guy at 280, i will mainly do trail riding and some dunes and a track day once in a while. my question is should i go with the 300? also what are all the different versions?

Correct me if im wrong but there is only one modle for the 300 (xc-w) and there is 2 types for the 250, mx (sx) and for trails/ desert/ woods (xc-w) I think the 300 already has a FWW. I think a 300 should suit you fine.

ncmountainman(TT username) here locally just picked up a 300XC, and he IS a mountain sized man at 6'4 or so and 280 or so. He's been loosing weight. He had his 300 modded, but it gets the job done, easily, better than his CR500AF, BTW.

W would work better for the dunes, XC better on the track. You will have to decide what will get the majority of the bike's time.

thx alot guys! i usually ride yamaha 4-storkes but one i went out with a freind and i didnt bring a bike. what he had for me to ride was a 2009 ktm 125..... well i never ran a 2 stroke other than a banshee but after that trail ride you couldnt get me on a thumper!!!!! so im ditching the money pit and buying a shiney new ktm! i just hope the 300 feels lighter than a 250 4 stroke

thx alot guys! i usually ride yamaha 4-storkes but one i went out with a freind and i didnt bring a bike. what he had for me to ride was a 2009 ktm 125..... well i never ran a 2 stroke other than a banshee but after that trail ride you couldnt get me on a thumper!!!!! so im ditching the money pit and buying a shiney new ktm! i just hope the 300 feels lighter than a 250 4 stroke

oh god yes...waay lighter. 300 sounds like the ticket for you, if not a 250 for sure.

joe

sorry, forgot you were 280. The 300 is a good choice.

Edited by gmoss

well i really like riding my freinds kx450 but i dont like the weight....the power no problem its the weight