Sign in to follow this  

Trailtech Stator vs Baja Designs Rewind

I want to add a Baja Designs dual 8" HID setup to my '08 450 excr, so I need to upgrade the stator. Any advice out there on the Trailtech stator vs Baja Designs rewind for this application?

you know going in that the baja designs rewind is designed to power the dual 8" light you want to istall. what amperage does the head lights require to run properly?

how much amperage does the trail tech put out?

what is the cost difference?

The cost difference isn't enough to worry about. I'll have to check into the amperage requirements to be sure. I understood the HID to be much lower than the halogen, but I'll have to check that.

From what I've heard, Trail Tech has an outstanding reputation with RFS engine stators. That is the route I will go when mine fails FWIW.

BD= Rewound

TT= Brand new

easy choice IMO

I have the trail tech stator and I'm happy with it. Seem to put out more at idle then the stock one did at 4000 rpm. I can run light, fan and my grip heaters and not run the battery down.

We've had zero problems with all our BD rewinds on the newer KTM's... (at least 4 bikes now)

They even worked great with my dual Halo-gens. Just put one 100 watt bulb and one 55 watt bulb. I think they only rated it at 120-160 total watts, so I couldn't run both 100 watt bulbs like we used on the XR 650r's...

Buy the TT and install it, float the ground on the stock and keep it as back up.