Sign in to follow this  

Honda 700XX Not Selling???

I am seeing $3,500 discounts off MSRP on these. Around here...that is a bunch.

I always felt like this was a rather quirky design, that wasn't going to appeal to most folks....hence the poor sales. I hope nobody jumps at these because of the low price, then ends up disapointed.

I think they are a little ugly. But my biggest problem with them is they are SOOOOO heavy.

Creating a comfortable on slow and fast bumpee trail is key thing unlike solid rear axle

I have riden both of them and I like 700XX

But to get that comfy ride, look at all the things you have to give up! Like it weights 150 pounds more than my 450R.....

I actually just got home from the local honda dealership, 4900 for an 08 or 09 700XX. I didnt pay much attention to the year but of course the salesman had to throw that deal around.

The weight and the IRS are both drawbacks. The biggest reason for the slow sales on those is Honda is a day late and a dollar short. You had the King - the Raptor 700 - the LTR450, and the KFX450, all come out before Honda finally got the 700XX. By then just about everyone in the market for a fuel injected four stroke had what they wanted and people were getting in to side x sides. Now again, Honda is late coming in with the Big Red. I am not dissing on Honda, they make excellent machines. I also am not saying the Raptor 700 is the King because I prefer it, just because sales wise it kicks every other bike's a**.