Sign in to follow this  

04 yz250f 260 pounds....

hey there i got a great deal on a 250 thats why i went with it instead of a 450 that would have suited me, anyways i just did the front seals and they seem to still be weeping is that normal at all? also i didnt replace the front springs to heavyer ones am i still able to do that what the forks are attached to the bike? the rear shock is like riding a pogo stick... is doesnt appear to be leaking at all but theres something going on for sure. i phoned a local suspension shop and just over the phone they told me 220 for a service and bushings and a 160 for a spring ,is that acurate. i was thinking about buying a spring off ebay, if i get them to rebuild it and do the bushings am i able to change the spring my self? thanks in advance

-tom

The seals shouoldn't be weeping if they are new. Are you sure you didn't install them upside-down?

You could install the fork springs with the forks on the bike, but it may be just as easy (if not more so) to remove the forks from the bike. Your call.

Has Canadian money gone crazy? $220 to rebuild your shocks and $160 for a spring? Maybe I have my conversion backwards, but "average" shock rebuild should be about $150 (US) and most places in the States are selling shock springs for about $110.

nope there right side up however i made my on tool out of pvc so maybe the didnt get pushed in enough... still got the snap ring on though. so i wont have to worry about air in the shock if i change the springs? thanks for your reply

-tom