Sign in to follow this  

rear swingarm extending. how much is too much?

I have an 05' predator 500 tld. trying to get in some sand drags this past weekend. out of the hole all I get is wheelies. yeah, im pretty new to the sand drag racing. could someone please give me some pointers on how much of an extended swingarm i should get. or maybe some pointers on how to ride this beast, i know this bike should compete with some of the locals. thanks

i built a raptor 660 into a 720 a few years ago. it was a screamer. in order to sort of keep it a sleeper, i adjusted the rear collar on the rear spring in order to raise up the quad alittle. i adjusted the rear axle as far back as it will go and bought a longer chain. bought cheapy lower handlebars. i lowered the front by the spring settings and also putting on 19inch mx style tires. i put 22 inch liteweight tires in the back. the bike sort of looked stock but had alittle rake to it like a dragster. it helped with my launches incredibly, from the stock settings and tires. i was able to launch really hard. haha. it was funny everytime i lined the bike up at our local drag place and at the sand hills in amargosa and dumont. everytime i lined up people would rush to attack. they would scurry to line up against me because im fat and the bike looked stock. in short, i had loads of fun with that bike. lol