Sign in to follow this  

Upgrade 02 wrf to 07 yzf 250 ?????

Found 07 yzf 250 only 10 hours on in for 3,500 obo . Thinking of buying it and selling my 02 wrf 250. Good move or no, My wr is in mint shape.

Very good move it gets you into the aluminum frame. If you don't need the top speed that the wr has with the wide ratio transmission that is. The yz will have the close ratio gears

Absolutely you should do that! You won't regret it. I have an 06 YZ250F and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Just curious. What's the advantage of the aluminum frame? I've never heard anyone say that it was lighter or handled better than the late model steel frames?

Found 07 yzf 250 only 10 hours on in for 3,500 obo . Thinking of buying it and selling my 02 wrf 250. Good move or no, My wr is in mint shape.

The problem with your plan is that you won't get much for the 2002 WR. I have seen 01 & 02s around here in good working order go for $1,000

The best option is get YZ and keep the WR for a backup.

Just curious. What's the advantage of the aluminum frame? I've never heard anyone say that it was lighter or handled better than the late model steel frames?

They don't rust?:banana:

The aluminum frame itself is not better, but as a package they get a little better every year. Jumping from an 02 to an 07 will be a noticeable difference.