Sign in to follow this  

honda crf250r 08

im the kind of guy who just jumps on the bike and adjusts accordingly and for the 250 its no exception.

However the suspension is quite stiff. Ive softened the front end as far as itll go but its still rough, never touched the rebound. or the rear shocks/springs.

Ive decided instead of paying to have the work done id learn to sort them myself as at 17 learning my way round the bike will be good experience and i can learn from my mistakes :banana:

bottom line: can anyone tell me what the average weight the standard springs are for?

itll give me a start to see if its worth toying around or if ive to get softer springs, im 17 and quite light. 10.5 or 11 stone with gear on.

cheers :lol:

190lb is about what the std setup is for, well the forks at least, the shock is more like 180lb.

you need softer springs, as well as that the fork midvalve is a very poor design and needs altering to 2007 type specs.

As well as that the base valve is pretty stiff.

http://old.racetech.com/evalving/menu/searchdirt.asp

spring rate generator

the midvalve is not expensive to convert, only $20 or so in the UK, overall it does add up with springs and a revalve, but its what the 08 fork needs.