Sign in to follow this  

Yamaha Blaster Upkeep and Thoughts

I just bought a blaster and need to know what all I should watch out for when maintaining it. The top end was redone 2 months ago so it doesn't have a lot of time on the new top end. The oil injector is not on it anymore thankfully, so I mix the gas and oil at 32:1. The rear and front brakes need some work so I haven't ridden it much and have new pads on the way. Just made sure it shifted and started. The tires are also pretty decent Razars.

Can anyone suggest things to check before each ride, after each ride, or whatever else. I just want to make sure that it doesn't get torn up.

Also what tire pressure is recommended for trail riding in some slightly wet terrain, though not too bad and not often.

I'm not the most experienced rider at all so any other tips would be welcome. I'd also like to know what type of upgrades I ought to look at. Already has an FMF sliencer and a DG bumper, but I'd like to do more.

Thanks for any thoughts that you guys might have. :banana:

I would recommend getting some nerf bars. Do you have any gear? If not boots, helmet and a chest protector are always a good idea.