Sign in to follow this  

450 x plastic kit help who makes

who makes a body kit for our X in white i see UFO they don't make a white rear fender:banghead:

Nice looking bike! Gotta ask though, hows that seat feel after a few hours?

I dont really have any issues with it , my average trail ride is 50+ miles , i mostly ride standing anyways , but even when i sit , its not that bad , when riding tight single track is when the purpose of the cut seat comes into play , and that to me makes it worth it , i did not cut the seat on my 450R , but i mainly use it on the track , but it feels weird when i do trail ride it , as i am not used to a seat that is normal height , definately makes it harder to ride tight trails and over logs and rocks with a stock height seat in my opinion !

who makes a body kit for our X in white i see UFO they don't make a white rear fender:banghead:

CRFsonly.com has them. Click on the red rear fender, then use the drop down to select white, and wala. :banana:

DSC_0008.jpg

2009 Bikes have a white rear fender as standard. I have a genuine honda white rear fender on my 08X.

I dont really have any issues with it , my average trail ride is 50+ miles , i mostly ride standing anyways , but even when i sit , its not that bad , when riding tight single track is when the purpose of the cut seat comes into play , and that to me makes it worth it , i did not cut the seat on my 450R , but i mainly use it on the track , but it feels weird when i do trail ride it , as i am not used to a seat that is normal height , definately makes it harder to ride tight trails and over logs and rocks with a stock height seat in my opinion !

Ive been debating on it for a while now. Most of my riding is in tight woods and like you said, standing up. I can definatly see where it could benefit a ton. I'm only 5'10" and have already lowered my X. It fits pretty good now but lowering it sacrificed alot of ground clearance and ride quality.

TRKFXER - I have a white rear fender and a white front fender on my 08 450x. Both are UFO and im pretty sure I bought them from crfsonly.com.

Hey JimDirt, is that a custom made seat cover or did you buy and aftermarket one and make it fit? I've been looking high and low for a black and white seat cover with the same pattern as the stock one where they line up with the rad covers like yours. Anybody else know where to get one?

Hey JimDirt, is that a custom made seat cover or did you buy and aftermarket one and make it fit? I've been looking high and low for a black and white seat cover with the same pattern as the stock one where they line up with the rad covers like yours. Anybody else know where to get one?

It was custom made , a friend of mine is a upholsterer so he made it for me , the sides are clear( a convertable top window) then painted white and black on the inside , so it does not rub off , its pretty nice , and it has no slip on the top and its slick on the sides , so it works excellent for trail riding !

Ive been debating on it for a while now. Most of my riding is in tight woods and like you said, standing up. I can definatly see where it could benefit a ton. I'm only 5'10" and have already lowered my X. It fits pretty good now but lowering it sacrificed alot of ground clearance and ride quality.

I am 5'10" also and only have a 32" leg so i needed to be able to touch the ground and i really didnt want to lower the suspension , so cutting the seat down was the best thing i did for riding in the woods

TRKFXER - I have a white rear fender and a white front fender on my 08 450x. Both are UFO and im pretty sure I bought them from crfsonly.com.

That is where i got mine as well(in 06 when i got the bike)

UFO is the ONLY one that makes White plastics for the X that i know of , and they do make a white rear fender i have their white plastics on my X

img5733640.jpg

how did you do your motor? powdercoat? paint? looks sick, i like it!

Spray can High Heat Black Krylon Engine paint , but sprayed thru a airbrush , the valve cover , ignition and clutch cover done with Krylon spray Wrinkle Finish , (covers removed and painted then heated with a heat gun) , i masked everything and painted the motor in the frame , did the same thing to my 450R below , i also had my fork tubes anodized black on both bikes

img3961la5.jpg

img3960uq4.jpg

img4045fv1.jpg

sick! how long ago did you do that? hows it holdin? how much for the anodizing? i know, i have a lot of Q's

sick! how long ago did you do that? hows it holdin? how much for the anodizing? i know, i have a lot of Q's that l

sick! how long ago did you do that? hows it holdin? how much for the anodizing? i know, i have a lot of Q's that looks sick though, props........

EDIT: i forgot to ask also, how did you do the prep. on everything?

sick! how long ago did you do that? hows it holdin? how much for the anodizing? i know, i have a lot of Q's that looks sick though, props........

EDIT: i forgot to ask also, how did you do the prep. on everything?

The engine on the X i did in the winter of 07 ,the R i did in 08 when i got the bike , all i did was pressure wash(hot soapy water from car wash) the motor so there was no oil or grease on it , and then sprayed the engine paint on (using a airbrush) only real prep was all the masking i did (didnt feel like removing the motor to paint it)

The anodizing on the forks was done in January of 08 (still snow then so not riding yet)

it was $100.00 for all 4 (2 for the 450X - 2 for the 450R)

so far everything is holding up fine !

The only wear is just like on the stock covers from my boots !

niiiice....thanks for the info. been lookin for a easier way to paint them cases w/out disassembling. thats not a bad price for the anodizing, usually its 100 bucks a tube

Yea the airbrush makes it easier to get into the tight spaces , the hardest part was masking all the stainless engine bolts that seemed to be everywhere on the motor

and yea i thought $100 was a decent price for all 4 , just shop around , any anodizing shop should be able to do it , the place i found did equipment , so it was nothing for them to strip and redo my fork tubes , i had them do the Hard anodize without the clear , to retain the stock thickness of the factory anodizing , so i wouldnt have any issues with fit ! and so they were not glossed , they measured the thickness before they stripped , then after to find the thickness , then they applied the coating till it was the same !

Spray can High Heat Black Krylon Engine paint , but sprayed thru a airbrush , the valve cover , ignition and clutch cover done with Krylon spray Wrinkle Finish , (covers removed and painted then heated with a heat gun) , i masked everything and painted the motor in the frame , did the same thing to my 450R below , i also had my fork tubes anodized black on both bikes

img3961la5.jpg

img3960uq4.jpg

img4045fv1.jpg

It does look pretty trick...:banana:

Problem is... it wears off pretty easily, and looks worse than stock boot wear;

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=83188

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=83428

I bet "bed liner" material would work best, and not wear so quickly. It's amazingly resilient to chemicals and wear!