'02 crf450r coolant in crankcase

I recently went riding in the dunes and on the way back to the parking lot I stalled my bike. I then proceeded to trying to kick it over. Nothing happened and after about 5 -6 kicks and while kicking we noticed steam coming out of my exhaust, smelling like burned caramel corn. My dad noticed the oil in the sight glass was a tan color.

I'm not sure at all what could be the cause of this and was wondering what you thought.

Ive been talking to a lot of people and getting mixed opinions. I will give a better idea on how it happened.

My bike was running fine all day. Noticed leaking water out the bottom probably half way through the ride. maybe an hour into riding. I was at the top of a steep hill and my front tire slipped out and I tipped it almost all the way over but saved it. The bike stalled and I try to kick it. Puffs of steam/smoke were coming out of the exhaust with a caramel corn smell. A bunch of kicks and the bike not even trying to start my dad noticed the milky oil and that is where I am now.

some say water pump seals others say Head gasket and I have no idea.

Ive been talking to a lot of people and getting mixed opinions. I will give a better idea on how it happened.

My bike was running fine all day. Noticed leaking water out the bottom probably half way through the ride. maybe an hour into riding. I was at the top of a steep hill and my front tire slipped out and I tipped it almost all the way over but saved it. The bike stalled and I try to kick it. Puffs of steam/smoke were coming out of the exhaust with a caramel corn smell. A bunch of kicks and the bike not even trying to start my dad noticed the milky oil and that is where I am now.

some say water pump seals others say Head gasket and I have no idea.

Its more than likely your head gasket if you had steam coming from the pipe and it smelled sweet. A bad water pump seal will let coolant leak into the transmission side of the engine. Since the oil in the transmission is seperate from the oil in the engine, this limits the source of your leak. A failure in the head gasket will let coolant into the cylinder, which will find its way into the engine oil and out the exhaust. Have you pulled the head off to inspect the gasket yet? This is your next step to getting your bike running again.:banana: