Sign in to follow this  

Pix of 1990 KDX 200 Clutch hub and parts

Hey guys I need a pix of a 1990 KDX 200 clutch hub. I have the clutch actuator rod that actuates the clutch out, that goes thru the center of the clutch area. And there is a thin washer that goes there too???? The problem is there is nothing to hold the washer in place. When I popped off the rt side engine case cover, this thin washer the diameter of a quarter was laying in the bottom of the cover.? Im not sure where it goes??? According to the micro fish it goes in the center of the hub against the bearing. But there is nothing to hold it in place. The micro fish shows a shoulder on the actuating arm holding it in place, but the shoulder is smaller than the center of the washer?? the actuator arm and washer do not look like the pix in the manual. Can any one show me pix of these parts in their bike?? any help would be appreciated. thanks soo much... I am stumped, and I dont usually get stumped on stuff like this...

Hey guys I need a pix of a 1990 KDX 200 clutch hub. I have the clutch actuator rod that actuates the clutch out, that goes thru the center of the clutch area. And there is a thin washer that goes there too???? The problem is there is nothing to hold the washer in place. When I popped off the rt side engine case cover, this thin washer the diameter of a quarter was laying in the bottom of the cover.? Im not sure where it goes??? According to the micro fish it goes in the center of the hub against the bearing. But there is nothing to hold it in place. The micro fish shows a shoulder on the actuating arm holding it in place, but the shoulder is smaller than the center of the washer?? the actuator arm and washer do not look like the pix in the manual. Can any one show me pix of these parts in their bike?? any help would be appreciated. thanks soo much... I am stumped, and I dont usually get stumped on stuff like this...

darren that is a shim to get the clutch arm that the cable attaches to on the motor at the correct angle. it goes on the little rod that goes into the throw out bearing. when it is all together and the cable is installed it wont fall out, just put a rubber band on the clutch arm to preload it until you get the cable back on. if the shim id bigger than the shoulder on the rod, then its the wrong rod or wrong shim. the rod should fit snugly in the throw out bearing, but not a press fit or anything.

Thx sean, I am suspecting it the wrong shim or rod, however I dont think the clutch has ever been apart?? The rod and shoulder fits right throught the shim/washer and does not hold it in place when the rod is put into the center of the bearing? I dont know how it never feel out prior and went flying around in there? Its a mystery? The rod looks different than the one in the pic in the manual though for sure?? Its the same as a kx125 lowerend corrrect?? Sean call me........