Sign in to follow this  

California cal city

OK I'll bite. What is the "x spot?"

It's a sports bar & grill in CC. Sounds like it might not be there any more.

• Like 1

I was just asking this question off-line with Wayne Nosala...Apparently they are out of business for now. Something about a plumbing issue undermining the building and they were packing up.

Week and a half ago, someone at Borax Bill Park said they were out of business too. Don't know anything else.

X spot closed for now, Pluming issue is suffered by Wimpies diner, Not sure if either will

open anytime soon.

CC trail is be reworked to include airport restaurant, Myself, Lou or DIRTteamLDR

will post details as they come to light.

Wayne

X spot closed for now, Pluming issue is suffered by Wimpies diner, Not sure if either will

open anytime soon.

CC trail is be reworked to include airport restaurant, Myself, Lou or DIRTteamLDR

will post details as they come to light.

Wayne

The X-Spot, sad to say, is now closed! Already some of the furniture, TVs, booths, parts of the kitchen have been sold. This was the last spot we though would be closing as it enjoyed moderate success, especially on weekends, where many OHVers came into town. Unfortunately, in order to have a first-class restaurant and bar, you must also have first-class people working, and lots of them to take care of customers. Therein lies the problem. Overhead costs were very high, food and drinks were not being rung up, and the economy itself, in spite of good weekend attendance, was not sufficient to keep it open all week.

Oh, well, it is unfortunate, but OHVers can still come into town on the Cal City OHV trails, park in the coral and supports the other businesses, including Quizno's, High Desert MC, and those across the street, where Ricky's, Subway, Pizza Factory, the Green Tea Garden, and Tokyo Tuna are located. They still need your support. We are also working to have the trail go to the airport where people can buy fuel and hit Foxy's for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner. More on this later.

There's also a bill on the works to allow OHV'ers with the proper permits to come into town and visit other locations. Can't tell you more than that, but we are all working on it and it may be necessary soon to ask for your help in writing to Sacramento that you would support such a Bill. More on this later as well.

well although this sucks, there are other spots to go for food n drinks, so it's all good. AND, don't forget the Poker Run this weekend behind the prison!!! Gonna be a good time!!! Check the calendar for the link and all the details.

Not yet. It just got sold and will be a Best Western when they are done with the re-model and finish the incomplete work. City is already started researching the "Legals" to try to get a trail to the hotel so you can ride to the nearby desert.

Thanks DIRT...you guys have a tough job. Glad you all are there though and supportive. Question: Does a street legal dual sport still need the CC permit to ride in the area there? I'll donate anyways, just because I believe in the cause, but don't want to get myself into trouble in case I need the sticker on the bike.

Does a street legal dual sport still need the CC permit to ride in the area there? I'll donate anyways, just because I believe in the cause, but don't want to get myself into trouble in case I need the sticker on the bike.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, Only motor vehicles that are not street legal need a permit. Jeeps, 4x4's, and dual sports that are plated are free. There have been 100's of dual sport owners that come into the 1st aid station/information center that wanted to pay the $8 season permit for the same reason. We appreciate the support. We're hoping to replace the old carpet that came with the building (former school classroom building) with some inexpensive tiles or linoleum. Certain stains that occur in a 1st aid station is hard to get out of carpet.

You guys are doing a great job. Keep up the good work...

+1 :thumbsup:

We'll be out there this Sunday & next weekend for the Taylor LaCamp ride.

I agree the dirt team does a excellent job and are first class all the way . Thanks for giving us a fun safe place to ride .