Sign in to follow this  

Suggestions to dial in '10 150SX ?

Hi guys,

I'm new to KTM's. I'm coming off a dialed 09 CRF 450. I weigh 180 without gear. Any spring suggestions? I've had good success with ohlins, and will be putting a shock on. Are the forks workable? If so, with whom? Also, what pipe/can are you running? Is jetting close? I'm an A-B rider and want to dial in this little 2 smoke for some fun. Anythings I should look out for? Your suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

I'v had my 09 ktm 150 for about a year now and 3 top ends so I got some tips for you...

Make sure you a new top end before 75hours to ensure that the new piston will have enough compression. That way you can put the stock type 1 piston in. Once its time for the 3rd piston get the type 2... i just did this and it bumped the power back up just as new! rippin!

Also check this out

http://motocross.transworld.net/1000014510/photos/hidden-power-andrew-langston-shares-some-speed-secrets-for-the-ktm-125sx/

its on a 05 125 but the concept behind the centrifugal powervalve is the same. I did what grant langston mechanic did and I liked it. It moved the power up towards the top end a little more since thats where I like to ride on 2 strokes anyways.

oh ya.. the drain bolt on the rear brake side strips really easy... :banana: don't over tighten it... I think i tighten to 100 inch pounds or near there

Hey, thanks alot! Are you riding moto? I only ride moto. How's your suspension working?

DEP pipe for sure. We're running the DEP silencer as well but the pipe is the biggest bang for the buck. All the other manufacturers are using the same stampings as their 125pipes. The DEP 144/150 pipe is dyno tuned for the 144/150 and is different than their 125 pipe. Our DEP made a noticeable difference.

The stock suspension should be about right for your weight with a few tweaks on comp and rebound. We had the forks and shock set up and revalved for my 140 lb. son. Run it on the rich side and run 50/50 race gas/93 pump gas to prevent detonation and you'll go a long way in preventing the premature top end issues that some have had with 07's thru 09's. We ran an '08 144 a full season on the same top with no issues running rich with the race gas mixture. Our '09 150 has about 25 hard hours on the original top with no compression loss.

Thank you for the info. I've got ohlins coming tommorow as Im getting settings ironed out for my tuner. They do not offer a "150" specific suspension, so this will be good info to get figured out. Are you running around a 200 main jet? I havent had the time to properly jet this bike yet, but what I've heard is a 200+ works great.