Sign in to follow this  

Suzuki ltz400 electric start problems

i have a 2005 ltz 400 and yesterday it started up fine and everything and today i turned the key on and hit the start button and nothing happened. no noise was made or anything. i tried to pop start it and it started right up almost like the electric start like wasnt connected. how do i fix the electric start?

there is a fuse i also have had to take the starter button apart to get sand out of it

Check and make sure your battery is not dead. Take the selonoide and jump the two post with a screw driver if it starts Its got to be your switch or the connection between your switch, If it does not start your selnoide could of went bad or your connections to your selonoide are loose or bad. Check you starter by taking a set of jumper cables after you have eliminated the other possibilitys and hook the positive to your battery ground the other side on the frame then take the other end put the ground on the foot peg and take the positive end and put it on the starter terminal. If it turns over It has to be something else.

MAKE SURE YOU BIKE IS IN NEUTRAL!!!! so it does not run you over