Sign in to follow this  

im getting a klx 110 this weekend!

So im getting a used 2010 KLX 110L this weekend. is there any specific things i should look out for before i complete the purchase? is there a reason why he is selling a 2010 this soon?

There are always tons of reasons guys sell near new bikes. Need the cash, it was to slow, it was to fast, to big, to small, etc.

On a 2010 "L" taller forks and stance with 4 speeds and a clutch, I would check the peg mounts to make sure they are still there and not broken, check the forks to make sure they do not leak or are not bent, and check the oil to make sure it is light tan and not burnt black. Also make sure the gears shift smooth and engage.

When I test ride I always make sure the bike is cold when you get there and it should start easy. If the bike has been warmed up before you arrive, chances are it is hard to start.

Once you start it let it warm up and it should idle on its own. Pull the clutch in and up shift through all 4 gears while just sitting on it. Then back down. Should be fairly smooth. Then take it for a ride and listen for anything loose or popping on deceleration (a sign of lean jetting).

Otherwise if the price is right get it. The "L" are way cool and the added height and 4 speed stock is a big plus. Post a pic if you get it.

will do. this bike that i have now doesnt really idle until its really warm because the idle is really low. its a 2 stroke 125. is there a way to turn the idle higher?

will do. this bike that i have now doesnt really idle until its really warm because the idle is really low. its a 2 stroke 125. is there a way to turn the idle higher?

Does it have an idle screw?? Should be a slotted screw usually with knurls on the outside. Not the fuel mixture screw which is usually smaller

Well guys, I felt a little worried about it and I didn't go through with it because I didn't want to get scammed. We were trading bikes and I have a title for mine but he hasn't finished paying his off yet (still on a loan from the store). so he could have easily stopped paying payments and they would repossess it. = (

why would some1 be selling a 2010 L?? i love mine lmk how you like it