Sign in to follow this  

Got my 06 450 all back together and I love it. Still missing the engine case guards but they are in route. Powdercoted rims, hubs, forks and engine cases. New graphics and plastic color. Did a few perfomance changes mostly to the suspension. Snow is going away fast and I should be able to roost it this weekend. Can't wait.

bowsales058Small.jpgbowsales057Small.jpg

bowsales059Small.jpg

Where in MT?? I'm from Helena. Nice ride BTW.

I'm from Bozeman. Made it to Pipestone yesterday and it was OK but could not get very far before snowline screwed us. Maybe by the weekend.

Bike looks sweet. The powder caoting on the clutch cover will start camming off in a few rides. I had mine powder coated and it is rubbing off, not alot but enough to make it look like crap. There is a guy on ebay that sells a clear plastic clutch cover for 20 bucks. Its a shame your nice bike has to get dirty. I got white plastics for my 03 crf450 also, very clean looking.

how well does the powdercoat hold up on the rims? I've got a buddy that's got a set of black excels and the black is coming off of those from riding in glamis

There is a guy on ebay that sells a clear plastic clutch cover for 20 bucks.

Does any one have a link to this plastic clutch cover :banana:. Looking for it, but can't find it.

how well does the powdercoat hold up on the rims? I've got a buddy that's got a set of black excels and the black is coming off of those from riding in glamis

I have heard that sand will eat anything on a rear wheel:lame:

Bike looks sweet. The powder caoting on the clutch cover will start camming off in a few rides. I had mine powder coated and it is rubbing off, not alot but enough to make it look like crap. There is a guy on ebay that sells a clear plastic clutch cover for 20 bucks. Its a shame your nice bike has to get dirty. I got white plastics for my 03 crf450 also, very clean looking.

I only start off the year with it looking good. What ever happens happens because after all it is a dirt bike!! They only stay pretty if you don't ride!

Got to ride the scoot today. Suspension changes were perfect. A little bit of dialing with the clickers and I was all smiles. About 40 miles of gnarly single track that was pretty tacky. 👍