Sign in to follow this  

Clarke V/S IMS V/S ???

I'm in the market for a fuel tank, could some of you guys that have a after market tank give me the good, bad and the ugly on the difference between some of the manufactures.

About all I've seen are Clarkes and IMS, is ther a dimes worth of difference between them ( quality, fit) or does it come down to looks and price ???

It mainly comes down to capacity. The Clarke is 3.7 gallons - barely more than the stock tank. The IMS is 4.9 gallons. If you are looking for more range then the choice is easy. If you don't care about fuel capacity then the Clarke is a bit less money and a little better looking.

AcerbistankonDR350S.jpg

5.8 gal from xr600/650. dual petcocks. each side of the tank holds 1 gal when you hit the reserve.

I guess it depends on how far you want to go? I have the IMS 4.9. It's a nice tank, it fits nice. However, I hit reserve at about 200 miles, I know I probably have another 40 miles or so to go before I run out of fuel, but I wished I had gone with the Safari. Stupid expensive though.

Seelots,

I was just looking at this the other day. It looks pretty good.

Thanx for the info guy's, as far as range go's I'm not lookin to travel the word but would be nice to have enuff for a weekend long campin/ridin trip.

Looks dont meen as much as quality to me, but would it be a good idea to see what seat manufacturer fits what tank before I buy.

Just to see whats out ther, post pics of your tank/seat set up.

I believe the IMS 4.9 G tank only fits with the Corbin seat..... but I may be wrong. I have a Corbin seat, when mounted to the stock tank, the seat has a gap between the tank and seat........

Jesse

I believe the IMS 4.9 G tank only fits with the Corbin seat..... but I may be wrong. I have a Corbin seat, when mounted to the stock tank, the seat has a gap between the tank and seat........

Jesse

Yep. You're wrong!:banana:

:banana::thumbsup:I just got the clark over wintertime,3.9 is better than the 2.6 of wich .6 is reserve,so far i like ,it's nice knowing i can go into trails after getting there with 65-75 miles on,before i would have to hunt for gas before going in,:banana:🤣:banana:

:banana::thumbsup:I just got the clark over wintertime,3.9 is better than the 2.6 of wich .6 is reserve,so far i like ,it's nice knowing i can go into trails after getting there with 65-75 miles on,before i would have to hunt for gas before going in,:banana:🤣:banana:

:banana: Suzuki says the stock tank holds 3.4 gallons. Clarke says their tank is 3.7 gallons.

:bonk:My bad,i got the dr mixed up with the drz,all that i said was for the drz400s,sorry i guess i am still excited about it.:banana:🤣

I chose the Clarke cause it keeps the lines of the stock tank while the IMS looks kinda bubbly to me. I was just looking to drop weight and change color...the little extra fuel is just a bonus. I live in Wi. where I rarely find myself too far away from a gas station. All said...great product and wouldn't hesitate to buy again.

Since there seems to be few pics of the Clarke floating around the web I'll gladly show mine off. 👍

tankspedo003.jpg

I chose the Clarke cause it keeps the lines of the stock tank while the IMS looks kinda bubbly to me. I was just looking to drop weight and change color...the little extra fuel is just a bonus. I live in Wi. where I rarely find myself too far away from a gas station. All said...great product and wouldn't hesitate to buy again.

foxfire - great looking bike! I haven't seen a bike with your color scheme before. I also think the Clarke is the best-looking aftermarket tank. I'm looking to eventually get one so I don't dent the factory tank when I dump the bike off road. Earlier problems with the IMS have kept me away (fit/finish/quality, petcock issues, and weak customer service). Some of those problems may be sorted out, but they still make the DR look like a bloated fat pig instead of just a fat pig.