Sign in to follow this  

What bars for KX65 and taller rider?

My son just turned 8 and is 5ft 110lbs. The stock bars are way too low for him. I guess I could get him some bar risers and some Renthal Mini High bend bars...thanks in advance.

Pro-taper 7/8" for a DRZ110 or KLX110 we used them on a RM/KX65 and they

worked great!

Check out GUTS Racing we picked up a complete tall seat for a KLX/DRZ110

it's the same as a RM/KX65 seat but taller. They had them on sale for $55

when we bought ours.

Now my younger boy is on the bike and I have lowering links and a cut down seat!

At 5 feet and 110lbs, I'd be doing it the other way around, instead of putting taller bars on the bike, you should probably put a taller bike under the bars.

If the bike is too small, the limited room will force him into many bad habits.

Hey Dave, where ya been?

I think the Honda Mini is the tallest mini bend. Anything beyond that and I think you get into ATV bends.

Whats up man? I moved back home to Texas this past summer so I'm not in the SE forum much anymore.

At 5 feet and 110lbs, I'd be doing it the other way around, instead of putting taller bars on the bike, you should probably put a taller bike under the bars.

If the bike is too small, the limited room will force him into many bad habits.

He's only 8...he cant ride with older kids on 85s or 150s. Heck, he cant even ride with most kids on 65s since he still doesnt have the clutch/shifting gears thing down. He hauled butt on the pro senior...but he is way too big for that now.

ahhh - clutch/shifting.....ok, I was just going off my boy for size/age and bike comparison...although he still raced his 65 at 8, my son was starting to rip up practice on his 85 at just under 9.

unfortunately for him - my son will be racing against kids mostly 3 + years older than him starting this year since we've eliminated the 65 due to his size and abilities.

Is you boy going to race? Does he ride mainly trails? You could look at a honda CRF80f possibly if he doesn't want to race - it's a taller bike but an air cooled 80 so definitely not too much bike for a learner. the KX65 is definitely more bike though.