Sign in to follow this  

CRF 230 (x)?

So a post (possible type-o by marquezren) got me thinking, how many, or what modifications to a CRF 230 have to be made to constitute it as an "X"? I know ebeck has his listed as a CRF 230x, but does anyone else? Also, im not criticizing ebeck, I would kill for his garage, but does anyone know what has to be done to create a CRF 230x?

Have a look in my garage. There's a few things there that could give you some ideas. I guess the only thing letting down the 230 is the engine, otherwise I think it would be close to being a "x"

That light comes stock on the 230's in Australia. Its a 35w bulb that runs off the stator, not the battery... So its on constantly while the bike is running, no switches or anything. It's a reasonable light, one good thing is I never have to remember to turn the thing off and there are no flat batteries ; )

No sorry I had a quick look on ebay but theres none there. You could try going through an Australian stealership... Imo there are definately better looking lights out there than the one I have. I hear Baja Designs have some lights for the 230.

Look at post #45 on that thread about Dwight's 230. He posts pictures of the mods. It looks different. I saw him on MavTV racing this bike in Georgia. He was leading his minute.

I would love to look into a xr250 or crf250x headlight. They seem better quality and better looking.