Sign in to follow this  

Question about HRC PGM-FI Setting Tool - Mixture Ratio?

I recently bought the HRC Setting Tool for my '10 CRF250R. I have a question about the percent fuel changes that can be made. It says in the manual that you are changing the AIR/FUEL mixture. What I am unsure about is what actually is getting changed when you change the fuel map + or - some %. If it is the MIXTURE (Air/Fuel) that is being changed by some percent, then +4% from stock would mean that the ratio is now greater than what it was. So, if it was 13.8:1, then it is now 14.35:1. This would be LESS FUEL! However, it seems that people are talking about the percent fuel like it is a time adjustment and you are actually changing the injector spray time (pulse width) to greater or less, which is directly related to fuel. I guess what I am asking is that if you are changing from 0 to +4%, are you richening the mixture by 4%? OR are you changing the AIR/FUEL mixture by +4% and thus LEANING the mixture? Sorry but the manual is not all that clear about this. I know on a hondata hardware/software setup to tune the PGM-FI on a Honda car, you are changing the injector spray time, and so you are richening with positive changes and leaning with negative changes.

it states in the HRC manual it is the duration of injector pulse, a + would mean you are increasing the injector duration adding more fuel. a - means you are shorting the duration effectively leaning the fuel.