Sign in to follow this  

suspension help

I have a 2006 yz 250 that has been set up for off road riding and my weight. I get head shake going over whoops and fork tubes are level with triple clamps. Would raising fork tubes help or make worse. Also my forks only compresses approx 80% riding trails hard. Clickers are almost all out on comp and reb. To soften front forks should i put less oil in forks and/or put lighter weight oil. another thing i noticed is my front wheel doesn't feel as planted - it slides out while going into a flat turn. Any help would be great. Thanks

i had the same issues with my 06, i installed the scotts sub mount (wont ride without one now) had my suspension revalved ($500) worth every penny, my ktm steers by turning the bars but not so with the yz, turn by leaning the bike and weighting the outside peg. otherwise it's washout city.... try a new maxxis si for the front, that will help too. my forks compress all the way but i never feel them slam bottom. my fork tubes are in stock position.

How heavy are you, what springs are in it and what is your sag set at.

Try going back to standard fork springs and dropping the outer chamber oil to 340ml and 105 sag, you might need to pull your forks through a little to get it balanced, the reason for the headshake is it has to much weight transfered to the front of the bike with the softer fork springs and stock rear spring at 100mm. It sounds like when you say the front doesn t feel planted and slides out, is actually a tuck in the front not a push.