Xr 100 jetting help

Index

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

03-15-2010, 07:09 PM

ccman60

TT Silver Member

1995 xr100 jetting help

Remove all Advertisements

Just bought a abused 95 xr100 that wasn't running, but came with a new complete fmf pipe set up. The carb was varnished up so I bought a chinese Runtong carb that was brand new and tried to get it going. It's hard to start and won't idle. What should be the base start for the air mixture screw? 1 1/2 turns? I am in the process of cleaning the original carb, and I am guessing I will need new jets. Could someone please give me some advise as what size jets with this FMF setup might work? I am at roughly 500ft. above sea level, and the needle clip is in the 3rd slot from the top. Any advice would b great. Thanks, Chris.

Yesterday, 10:39 AM

ccman60

TT Silver Member

I now have the bike running with the new chinese carb, with whatever stock jetting is for their set up on a xr100. ( no #'s on the jets ). The bike starts on the 1st or 2nd kick idles fine, comes off the choke once warmed up and idles fine, but if you give it a hand full of throttle it will bog and die if you don't release the throttle. Can someone give me some advice on where the clip should be set on the needle? It is currently set at the # 3 setting of 5. ( middle ). Also I have the air fuel mixture screw ( bottom of carb- not the side one ) at 2 turns out. Thanks for any help, Chris.

I have moved this Post to here hoping for some much needed advice, Thanks, Cman