DRZ 400SM vented gas cap question

Does the locking gas cap on the DRZ400SM have a check valve to keep the gas from spilling out if the bike falls over?

I was under the assumption that it did not...I'm trying to do a track day tomorrow and was not going to go because of it. Plus, I ordered a $70 gas cap from Wheeling that I would like to cancel if I don't need it.

I can tell you this...took my tank off once, placed it on an uneven surface and continued working on bike. Gas tank fell over and leaked out of tank cap and the run-off ruined my graphics on my radiator shroud. Which was lying next to it. Good times. :banana:

Well, after quite an ordeal trying to save money replacing my gas cap on my '03 S, heres what I know:

Non-CA gas caps have a check ball and a felt patch in them. I think the felt is to allow pressure to relieve from the tank if it builds. I don't think the felt patch will flow much air, just a slow little amount. Check ball is obviously to allow air into the tank as fuel is used.

CA gas caps do not have either and vent through the charcoal cannister. Using one on a non CA bike will result in fuel starvation.