A little polish on the frame and white wall paint

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could not find yellow but I will try that next time and I am not sure how long it will last. It is white wall paint from Pep Boys. I used some 900, 400 and two steps of polish I have but I did it really quick. I will the frame better next time I have it apart.

My bike is not clean kx? I bet it is cleaner than yours and I will cut you slack on your spelling due to your age and schools these days.

And I am not starting a oil debate on her Cummins....

I could not find yellow but I will try that next time and I am not sure how long it will last. It is white wall paint from Pep Boys. I used some 900, 400 and two steps of polish I have but I did it really quick. I will the frame better next time I have it apart.

My bike is not clean kx? I bet it is cleaner than yours and I will cut you slack on your spelling due to your age and schools these days.

And I am not starting a oil debate on her Cummins....

Er ist Deutsch wir müssen German mit ihm sprechen. Seien Sie auf ihm leicht sein Englisch könnte nicht ich gut.

Sorry, I just wanted to test my German. But yes, your bike is extremely clean.

A little sanding on the frame before polishing and you could make it look like a mirror.

Wet sand with wd-40 starting at 800 grit, then 1000, then 1500.

Finish with al. polish.

Looks good at first but looks like crap after 5 minutes on the track.

Edited by The Captain

Wet sand with wd-40 starting at 800 grit, then 100, then 1500.

Finish with al. polish.

Looks good at first but looks like crap after 5 minutes on the track.

Your way of polishing is way too much than you need. All you need to do is wet sand using soap and water and use 320 grit and then 900 grit. You can go higher if you want, but that's all you need.

My method had this outcome.

DSC00688.jpg

Although, I do not recommend polishing it to mirror finish. It will look awful after one ride and you have to do it over again. I ended up sanding it, and left it without polish.

This is what it SHOULD look like ?

Picture002.jpg

Picture001-1.jpg

I went all out used about 6 or 7 different grits. wet sanded it, ended with a grit that was barely anything. Then polished it with Mothers. Once its done, all you do is just hit it with some polish if it starts to look cloudy. Mothers is that good stuff ?

I went all out used about 6 or 7 different grits. wet sanded it, ended with a grit that was barely anything. Then polished it with Mothers. Once its done, all you do is just hit it with some polish if it starts to look cloudy. Mothers is that good stuff ?

You went all out...then ruined it after one ride. ?

nope not at all, after a few rides it starts to scuff, and become cloudy from leg rubbing, but who cares? thats a small margin of the frame. everything above that one area stays super bling. It just looks really cool, my friends I used to ride with told me about it, so I tried it and loved how it turned out ?

Your way of polishing is way too much than you need. All you need to do is wet sand using soap and water and use 320 grit and then 900 grit. You can go higher if you want, but that's all you need.

My method had this outcome.

DSC00688.jpg

Although, I do not recommend polishing it to mirror finish. It will look awful after one ride and you have to do it over again. I ended up sanding it, and left it without polish.

320 grit?! That is good if you are trying to smooth our rough casting, but not needed for already smooth aluminum

You really are much better off sanding up to 1500 or higher, makes it much easier to buff ?