Sign in to follow this  

Introduction / New DRZ owner / Sorta new to TT

Hello Everyone. I have been a member of TT for years but have not really posted. Way back on 06 I was going to get a DRZ but then talked my self out of it then 07 and then 08 and then 09 but finally I said enough is enough and I bought one in 10. I live in the Pine Barrens of Central / South Jersey and hope to get this thing polished out to be a good 50 / 50 machine for Off and On Road. I will always be looking for Dual Sporters who are in the area and have runs going so let me know what is up. I have raced Motocross for years and Owned a few street bikes. I have had the bike out 2 times now in a week and have enjoyed the hell out of it. I have read the FAQ's and some of the other great threads on this site and others and know some of the things I MUST to do the DRZ to get her all happy for a long life but I am sure there is still more to learn. I am hoping to scrape the money up for case covers, skid plate and radiator guards right away. I have to look into the Manual Timing Tensioner but I intend on riding this beast a lot so anything I can do to keep her happy and young for as long as possible will be considered. She is a White 09 DRZ-S and I hope to have some good pics of it this weekend for the Garage here on TT.

Well I babbled on enough so I guess I will leave with a question.

Does anyone run a Steering Dampener? If so do you do so with ProTaper handlebars with no cross member? Are you able to keep the stock display cluster? Ok so it was 3 questions but they are all in the same line of thought. :-)

Thanks for reading!

Does anyone run a Steering Dampener? If so do you do so with ProTaper handlebars with no cross member? Are you able to keep the stock display cluster? Ok so it was 3 questions but they are all in the same line of thought. :-)

Thanks for reading!

welcome.

I have a Scotts, mounted above the clamp with Pro Taper bars. When i had a working OEM speedo it fit just fine with this combo.

Here's my GPR undermount setup:

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=70865

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=70866

You will need to put a couple of washers between the dash and the upper triple to keep it just a touch away from the GPR. When you go to the Fatty's make sure you get a new throttle tube like the Zeta one. The stocker has the grip molded on and it is a PITA to grind off.

That under mount is NICE! I have used the Scotts before but that sucker can be unforgiving if you case a jump or off speed a set of woops and helmet meets handlebars. But I have never done that... Umm Sure.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.