xr650 hot cam

I've installed a hot cam in my xr650L, also 30 over piston. i cranks to hard to start, what do i do, i'm woundering if my battery is old and needs a kit or wiring? help i started it last night it ran for 30 seconds after it died, the battery was to drained to start I removed the decompression mech and wounder if thats my problem

I've installed a hot cam in my xr650L, also 30 over piston.

Are those the only two changes made to the bike? How long was it sitting while apart? Are you sure the valve lash is correct?. Did you do anything with the carburetor? Is the piston a stock replacement or aftermarket? What else has been done to the bike? Why do I have more questions than you do?

I've installed a hot cam in my xr650L, also 30 over piston. i cranks to hard to start, what do i do, i'm woundering if my battery is old and needs a kit or wiring? help i started it last night it ran for 30 seconds after it died, the battery was to drained to start I removed the decompression mech and wounder if thats my problem

Yup,,for one if it`s cold out the OE battery has a whole 120 amps CCA...🤣

I`ve got to change my battery too,it`s too weak to spin my high comp motor over when cold...

Get a YUASA YTZ14S battery,it`s got 230 Cold Cranking Amps...you can also get a cheaper aftermarket battery,just tell them that number,,they can interchange for you...the bracket holding the battery has to be tweaked slighly as the YTZ14S is 3/8 inch taller..but it`ll fit..And she`ll turn over real nice after too:thumbsup:👍:thumbsup:

B