Sign in to follow this  

KX lighting stator Q's

I just ordered a 75w lighting stator for my 2000 KX250. Does that mean I can run 75w worth of lighting? Any wiring diagrams available? I need head, tail and a horn. I'd like a decent headlight since it will be driven on the street.

that will suffice, but will not work at all at lower rpms. most headlights are at least 35w. once you factor in all the accesories plus the drop from the wiring and regulator there wont be much left. my kx has a 200w stator and the headlights still dim way down at low rpms.

battery will help, but you will prob have to charge the battery between rides. my crf450 had a 70w stator and a small battery pack(baja designs kit). once the battery went down it was almost worse, it took the stator even longer to charge the battery then power the lights.

Good to know, thanks.

Well, I'll try to get by with what I have now and the 250. When I finally swap engines I'll look for something more substantial.

Here is a pic of the battery in my 00 kx 250

http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j296/bsalty107/?action=view&current=kxbattery.jpg

I used a large hose clamp (secured with friction electrical tape) running under and up the sides of the battery, then forming a hook so it will hang on the subframe. With the seat installed, the feet on the seat (don't know what there called) will pinch the clamp and hold the battery from moving. I put in a 55 watt stator, a 20 watt headlight, 55 watt high beam, led blinkers and a led tail. The stator will sustain bat charge when using the 20 watt head but won't with the 55 watt. The bat will start to die after about 1.5 hours with the 55 watt head. Thought this info might be helpful.

Jay you need to find a E-line lighting stator set up. That is what I am using on 2 of mine and they work good. With them you have 200 watts when reved up, yes they dim abit when idling but it is the best setup you can get for the KX. If you use the reg that changes it to DC then you can add a battery and then it won't change at idle.

They don't make any more I don't think but they do come up on E-bay, thats where I got mine. What are your plans for this bike?

Ed

I was just going to use the 250 temporary until I found a 500. Then I can get a serious stator for the 500. I plan on streeting the bike so it will have to pass inspection. Not a big deal in Jersey, no sniff test or blinkers needed. Eliminate the airbox for a fabbed batery box and use a can-style air filter.

This bike with lights, horn and a mirror. lmao 👍

kx500pp.jpg

Thats what I did when I plated the 99 but I had to put on turn signals too. I used a cordless drill battery in the air box to pass the inspection, probably the only time everything worked lol. I was thinking of putting a 500 in one of my KX's for a desert bike but now the 525 is getting that duty. Have fun.

Ed