Georgetown on Sunday 3/21/2010

Hey guys,

My friends and I are headed to Georgetown for a day of riding on Sunday. We're going to be staging at Mace Mill and more than likely cross 3-1 to the other side to get at the trails. We're all beginner-intermediate riders and so I'm wondering if you had any suggestions of trails to ride and those to avoid.

Thanks!

Ride the 10 for sure. Any of the 4 series is good, 4-2 is especially fun if you like tighter, technical stuff. The 5 loop is pretty good as well. To avoid, you should probably stay off the 1 in the north west corner of the park (if you're taking the 9 across the creek you will likely avoid it anyway), it can get kind of gnarly. Also, don't take the 1-4. It's not terribly difficult, but there is one treacherous spot that has some pretty dire consequences if screwed up.

• Like 1

Ride the 10 for sure. Any of the 4 series is good, 4-2 is especially fun if you like tighter, technical stuff. The 5 loop is pretty good as well. To avoid, you should probably stay off the 1 in the north west corner of the park (if you're taking the 9 across the creek you will likely avoid it anyway), it can get kind of gnarly. Also, don't take the 1-4. It's not terribly difficult, but there is one treacherous spot that has some pretty dire consequences if screwed up.

Thanks, tapeleg! That last item is exactly what I want to avoid. This is my first season of trail riding (though 20 years of mountain biking) and so I'm trying to keep it beginner-intermediate without the dire consequences for dabbing in the wrong spot.🤣:banana: