Sign in to follow this  

California Apr 10 Stoddard Valley OHV

there will be a punk gig "desertatia" happening at night on the 10th of April at Stoddard Valley OHV. Thought I would spread the word for those interested in punk and riding. Never ran the trails up there before, but from reading its pretty diverse. I was at this event a year ago and had a great time just camping out with some crusty punks running generators and putting on a pretty good show. Plan on bringing the bike up this year. This is not everyones cup of tea, so take a look at the music that will be playing.

l_7396fe33ef264c409adfa3b22baf0f79.jpg

Hmmm. That could have possibilities.

Like what? Young drunk woman running amuck? :banana:

If that's on public land, hopefully they have a permit. otherwise I would remove your post.

I see the long arm of the law is policeing the Web again!

Carl,I'm surprised you would even entertain the thought.

The drunk women part sounds good though!

Hmmm. That could have possibilities.

Does sound kinda cool, if you go we could make it two old creeps. That way neither of us sticks out too much 👍

I see the long arm of the law is policeing the Web again!

Carl,I'm surprised you would even entertain the thought.

The drunk women part sounds good though!

I used to have a punk streak during the early 80's. Still have some Suicidal Tendencies cds around. Come to think about it I bet a bunch of the music will suck, but with punk that is expected. It will keep you awake.

Might be good to get the blood pumping and then ride till the early am. Hey if it sucks I'll just ride more.

But what about the young drunk woman? They might get naked. 👍🤣 Then you could ride all night into the early hours of the morning. And you wouldn't even need a headlight. 🙂

Suicidal rocks. Maybe not quite punk though. How about some Dead Kennedys,Circle Jerks?

You must be really really old. I saw the dk's in berkeley in about '84, and ran out of gas on the freeway in oakland on the way home. Great show.

I only mentioned about the permit because I know folks do peruse the web and tip off the rangers about stuff like unpermitted 'rave' events. While it's funny to see a bunch of dorks on ecstasy listening to gay euro music get shut down, it would be sad to see traditional musical artforms like a punk show get hassled. 👍

im not the one organizing the event. i am assuming they have the required permits, or might not be needed in BLM land. The actual location is not specified here, nor the flyer. The organizers of this event will not allow a bunch of kids to eat pills and act like fools. Last year it was somewhere around 60-80 people and had absolutely no problems. It was set up as far away from the mass majority of people camping so no noise complaints would occur. And all trash was picked up the following morning leaving no evidence behind (which is expected out of everyone who uses public land). Its not old school punk....so no circle jerks sound. Its a hell of a lot faster and harder....and shittier.....but it is what it is. can't really complain though. its a free punk gig in a OHV area.....If it sucks, keep riding!

I'm in......still have a soft spot for shitty punk music. Started way back in 1979 and haven't learned not to appreciate the really aweful stuff.....

I'm in......still have a soft spot for shitty punk music. Started way back in 1979 and haven't learned not to appreciate the really aweful stuff.....

haha. exactly!