230 front countershaft sprocket question...

I searched for a thread about this but couldn't find anything.

anyway...

I'm replacing the 13t front sprocket on my 230f with a 14t and i foolishly discarded the old one without noting which side on it is supposed to face out. One side has a raised ring around the center, and the other is completely flat. does anyone know which way it's supposed to face?

I'm also replacing the chain and the rear sprocket (staying with stock 50t) and i'm not sure how long to make the new chain. With a 14t/50t setup i should be fine cutting it the same number of links, right?

thanks for your help...

The raised ring goes inward towards the engine on the front sprocket, and a 1 tooth up on the front should work just fine with a stock length chain. I switch between a 12, 13 and 14 up front and the chain works for all three.

Good luck.

The raised ring goes inward towards the engine on the front sprocket, and a 1 tooth up on the front should work just fine with a stock length chain. I switch between a 12, 13 and 14 up front and the chain works for all three.

Good luck.

This is a great link to a sprocket calculator. It also gives chain link amounts for different sprocket configurations.

http://www.sprocketcalculator.com/