crf250r 07 valves

Hi, i have just bought my first 4 t bike a crf250r 07 i have riding bikes for a least 5 years but as i said Ive never owned a 4 stroke before. i know that the piston doesn't need to be changed as regularly as a 2 stroke and that the oil and filters have to be changed every few hours. But i have also been told that crf often heve problems with the stock valves is this true? and is there any other part of the engine that should be changed regularly?

I have put 120 hours on my 07 (original internal organs) since the day I bought it. Routine maintenance is your friend and is the main reason my bike has lasted this long.

Some fellow TT'ers can back me when I say I don't take it too easy on the bike either.

It is a great bike and congrats on getting one.

You've got 120 hours on the same piston/rings? wow...

What's your maintenance sched like?

? I'm very anal when it comes to our bikes. It doesn't matter if I ride hard or easy. I don't care if I don't get any dust on them or completely muddy. I change the oil and filter as well as transmission oil after every ride regardless. The air filters are cleaned after every ride. The bikes are broke down and all bearings are cleaned and re-greased. Chain is soaked and re-lubed every third ride. Spark plugs are the weakest link for me. Only used three the life of the bikes. The 250 is getting close to needing a valve job. The exhaust valves are trying to tighten up a little.

Overall, it is very expensive to do it this way but, I don't have any of the repairs most have. A lot of it is the way you ride too. Meaning, tons of riders "blip" the throttle like a 10 year old on an 2t 85cc for the first time. Also, they tend to use the clutch like a 2t. Its an annoying sound on either one. I really don't know where I am going with this anymore I'm tired and sleepy. Hope this helps.?

you have balls of steel to trust a piston that has more then 80 hours on it.. and you noted that "Some fellow TT'ers can back me when I say I don't take it too easy on the bike either" so if thats true I wouldnt trust a piston with over 40 hrs on it... ?