New boots what should get??

So i need a new pair of boots im looking at three pairs and im having trouble deciding what i should get. Im looking at the Alpine Star Tech 8's, or 7's. I have a pair or teh Tech 8's right now and there not bad boots but i dont know if i want to get them again. I was also looking at teh Thor Quadrant 2's. The quadrants are cheaper which i do like but i dont know if they are junk boots thats why i thouhgt i would ask on here. What do you guys think?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody posted a link on here about Tech 8's being $279-319 at Motocross Giant dot com...If you're willing to dish out the cash, look into the Gaerne (sp?) SG10's. I haven't bought any but they are very comfy and I would have bought them but the deal I got on my 661 Hurricanes was too good to pass up. Now I think I'm over the inside booty concept (too hot most of the time).

If you have the right size foot, people swear by Sidi's. They are too narrow for me though.

gaerne sg12's hands down. best boots i have ever owned! im in love with them. when they get destroyed ill be buying another identical pair. ive broken my toes before in thor boots so i have never bought another pair and alpines have gone downhill in their newest boots.

once again. GAERNE all the way man. the money invested is well worth it. i promise you that.

Just got the Gaerne SG-10's and i rode for the first time in them tonight. All i have to say is wow! I cant believe how comfy they are. I also have tech 7's that i will be giving away to my buddy as i would never go back to them. The Gaerne's are incredible. I got mine for $319 shipped from extremesupply.com If you can swing the cash go for the Gaerne's. My 7 year old has the Sidi minforce boots and loves them too. All the boots with the hinges in them are super comfy and feel as if they are broken in when them come out of the box....

Seriously the 2010 oneal boots are great and they are about 50-70% cheaper than the other big name brand boots out there. Ive had just about every brand and model of boot out there and i can honestly say none were as good as the new oneals i got. I only got them about 3 1/2 months ago but ive been riding every weekend since and got wet nearly every time ive been and show no sign of deterioration except of course for the sole but its replacable anyway and its still not bad at all. Dont know what model they are but as far as i know oneal only make one model every year and mine 2010 boots.