Sign in to follow this  

KYB Shock lockup

If it is not the heat distortion piston relief issues then the next most likely problem: the rebound needle adjuster o-ring fails or even slowly leaks it will pressurize the cavity behind it (In the adjuster). This will cause the needle to always seat in the closed position. And your shock will lock.

The Suspension business is not so glamorous, I've worked on my fair share of junk to earn a living over the years and the old stuff can teach new lessons.

Jer

If it is not the heat distortion piston relief issues then the next most likely problem: the rebound needle adjuster o-ring fails or even slowly leaks it will pressurize the cavity behind it (In the adjuster). This will cause the needle to always seat in the closed position. And your shock will lock.

The Suspension business is not so glamorous, I've worked on my fair share of junk to earn a living over the years and the old stuff can teach new lessons.

Jer

Excellent deductive reasoning through experience! It doesn't get any better than that. Thanks for the insight.