Sell me the DRZ SM.....I got a DRZ S.....

I am having one of those indecisive moments....I ahve had my 2000 DRZ S for a couple of years now and have set it up with decent off road kit including AC10's (need them to be road legal), dyno jetted, power commanded, braided lines etc.

Trouble is I ride 95% of the time on the road to and from work. Put simply the bike is horrible on the road, it doesn't turn well (always wide on account of a larger front wheel, my comparison is my ZX10R....faultless) the brakes are eventually (under braked for off road control) and the knobblies give it all the chassis twitching you could wish for on rough tarmac!

That said it works well off road which I have done a handful of times but that said I'm not very talented off road, very little experience at it.

So....I am wondering if a DRZ SM is the answer to my need for a bike to keep my ZX10R out the bad weather, a more suitable road hack so to speak, I have a short commute. I love the look of the SM.......maybe I'll keep the S for "dirty days" and have an SM for my road work horse. I'd be grateful of input from those with an opinion:ride:

If you need a SM setup I will be selling my stock SM wheels shortly, just send me a PM.

This dude is in the Uk, I'm thinking shipping might be a bit pricey!

Jump onto ebay, get yourself some 2nd hand 17s, give it a try, if you don't like it, you can always sell the wheels, or if you do like it and decide to go for an SM, you can still sell the wheels without losing any money. ?