Sign in to follow this  

2-stroke engine oil tank disconnected

So, I noticed that my kid's PW50 has the 2-stroke engine oil tank disconnected (cut the hose and cable) and looks like they are using mix in the tank? Wondering if this is ok to do? If so, should is it ok to leave the cable off of the pump?

I ran premix in my kids' PW for a couple of years with no issue, and I bought the bike this way. I ran the same thing in the PW that I run in my YZ250 - Motul 800 2T at 32:1. I run premium fuel for the YZ but the PW doesn't require it.

Thanks, I think I'll just do it that way as well and use what I dump in my KDX (premium as well), not to keen on having the thing on the front anyhow and would rather just premix. Can I remove the cable to the pump (guessing that's what it is)?

I recommend sticking with the oil pump unless it's busted. Fill the tank with oil injection oil, Yamalube, HP2, GN2, etc.

Reconnect the hose to the pump and the other end into a bottle and start the bike. It should start pumping after a bit.

Unless the PO took the time to rejet the bike for pre-mix, you're much better off with the oil injection set up. I doubt the PO did this.

Good luck.

I recommend sticking with the oil pump unless it's busted. Fill the tank with oil injection oil, Yamalube, HP2, GN2, etc.

Reconnect the hose to the pump and the other end into a bottle and start the bike. It should start pumping after a bit.

Unless the PO took the time to rejet the bike for pre-mix, you're much better off with the oil injection set up. I doubt the PO did this.

Good luck.

The PO cut the line and not sure if it's working or not. I don't mind rejeting... I might just do that. I'd rather just dump in the gas/oil and not have to worry about it. I use Yamalube 32:1, prem gas and the PO said that's what he was using so might as well stick with it ha... I just wasn't sure if I could remove the pumps cable to the throttle.