Sign in to follow this  

acerbis tanks leak!!!!

my tank was leaking not from the gascap but from where the aluminum gas cap threads and the plastic tank meet. I was constatly inhaling gas fumes on slow rides. I called acerbis they sent me a new one I filled it up and it is not leaking gas it is pissing gas all over the damn place all over my pants drips off the tank when I stop......uhhh I am so pissed I wonder how many brain cells I have killed by inhaling gas fume air for hours on these slow rides. pics soon. where is the cheapest place I can get a black clarke? I can keep my fan with the clarke right?

my tank was leaking not from the gascap but from where the aluminum gas cap threads and the plastic tank meet. I was constatly inhaling gas fumes on slow rides. I called acerbis they sent me a new one I filled it up and it is not leaking gas it is pissing gas all over the damn place all over my pants drips off the tank when I stop......uhhh I am so pissed I wonder how many brain cells I have killed by inhaling gas fume air for hours on these slow rides. pics soon. where is the cheapest place I can get a black clarke? I can keep my fan with the clarke right?

Yes you can keep your fan..... Call TT store.....That`s where I got mine....

Matt`s the man.....👍:thumbsup:

Erling

Yes you can keep your fan..... Call TT store.....That`s where I got mine....

Matt`s the man.....👍:thumbsup:

Erling

thanks there is no right side petcock so you have to tilt it when it runs out right? also is the the only 4 gallon tank that you can keep the fan with? thanks

thanks there is no right side petcock so you have to tilt it when it runs out right? also is the the only 4 gallon tank that you can keep the fan with? thanks

Theoretically yes.... But It`s a 3.6 gal. tank..... After 200 miles I fill up with 3.2-3.3 gallons.... I never have to tilt the bike..... I hit the reserve at 185-190 miles. I suppose that if you want the last 0.1-0.2 gallons out....then yes I guess you need to tilt the bike..... But 200 miles are plenty to me..👍:thumbsup:

Erling