CUBERA has lost his mind... The Zimmer, has gone to the dark side!

I read it elsewhere... but here ya go folks;

It's a 300XC-W, Jason. I roached the transmission finally on my beloved 450X and needed to replace the bike. I wanted a do all bike that is easy and cheap to maintain but I also wanted enough power, light weight, and superb handling....with an electric start. It's no thumper by any stretch of the imagination but it'll let me do more things like some events in Arizona and Utah and maybe even a D37 race or two. Only have a few hours on it and I can say without any doubt it's the most fun and easiest bike to ride ever in bone stock form. Zimmers need these features

Proof...

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=85454

From his garage;

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/garage.php?do=viewvehicle&vid=20652

CONGRATS John ๐Ÿ‘... you deserve a new bike. But Orange?!?!?!๐Ÿคฃ

Anyone wonder where he's been as of late???? No more guessing;

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=885297

๐Ÿ™‚

... love ya like a brutha JohnM!! :applause:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

๐Ÿ™‚:applause: I just saw that comment on the D38 message board before comming on this site. I was in denial until I saw the picture you just posted ๐Ÿ‘. Can't blame him though...I came real close to picking one up before I finally decied to go with the 450x and was even giving away my 450R spare parts that would have swapped cause I thought I was going to the darkside๐Ÿคฃ.

I don't blame him either... E-Start, easy to ride, no more arm ripping power... Who wouldn't at that age?! .... :applause:

Now, let me explain to some how crazy it is that he did this (and it looks like he got new MATCHING gear too - I'm so jealous);

Explanation #1;

Yes....I meant won their class. How is the 450X outdated? Seems to me no manufactuer has been able to improve or even replicate the 450X...Maybe those race gas fumes I've been whiffin' are making that hole in my brain a bit bigger:lol: :jawdrop:

Explanation #2;

Gaddarn gorgeous! Nothing quite like the looks of a new 450X. Yeah, I'm biased:busted:

Explanation #3;

....~snip~.... I found the suspension absolutely perfect for me except I had to go back two clicks on fork rebound for trail riding. For high speed aggressive rides I'l go back to the origianl settings. Places where I'm on the brakes on the 450R is where I can roll on the throttle on the 450X and chop right through with confidence. I still sucks at whoops but that's got nothing to do with suspension in my case. It's all about technique, skill, motivation, and conditioning. My 450X rocks in the suspension department like no other. ....~snip~....

... and so on;

The 450X rocks the Baja again. I was hoping 1X would win it though:lol::cheers:
450X rocks D38 National... I can't be too sure because the "officials" are not out yet. The race was ugly with strong winds blowing all the markers down. To give an example, I did 80.01 miles on a 60 mile A loop because I got lost. I finished on fumes literally!! I know my bro CS105 won our class and the all the rest is being hotly contested. Either way, my 450X did the job yet again and shined in the technical stuff. If I could get a decent pilot on her she woud be good to go:worthy: ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ™‚

I could go on and on, there's no shortage of Cubera and his love for the 450X... or is there now?!

:crazy:

The Zimmer in his infinite wisdom has decided to change strokes:lol:๐Ÿ™‚

In all seriousness the decision was really about what's the best bike for me and the kind of riding I do. Trust me when I tell you jumping ship to the Eurohomo Halloween pinger bike was not an easy decision. Unfortunately for some, I will still be visiting the 450X forum frequently to see what's going on with the world's greatest dirt bike ever ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿคฃ

That picture was taken the morning of the maiden voyage. That's the Zimmer showing a fast guy ride buddy who took the pic how he's going to make sure and keep his elbows up. For those of you unfamiliar with Zimmer riding styles it's kind of like goon riding only you know it's not intentional to look goonish if the rider is a true Zimmer. There are some other unmistakeable Zimmer qualities also which are not limited to: Never Standing-up and elbows always locked into the chest. To piss off a Zimmer you have to force him to pass you or call him a goon (or sometimes spode). Other than that Zimmers are pretty easy going unless they have to sweat, stand, or ride more than 5 miles a week. Zimmers are not posers.

Edited by cubera

๐Ÿคฃ:lol:๐Ÿ™‚

good luck c00b...๐Ÿ‘ i've actually been thinking about a pinger as well...

i've been lurking on the CR500 boards, thinking about welding up my own CR500AF into my old CRF450R frame.... blasphemy

Now that's a project. I thought about putting a 5ohundy motor in my 450X frame 'til I saw the price for a motor.....:applause:

Now that's a project. I thought about putting a 5ohundy motor in my 450X frame 'til I saw the price for a motor.....๐Ÿคฃ

You got the right one.

I almost bought a 300 instead of the 450x except for the red sticker.(and the color)

Perfect all around bike IMO - especially now with the button.

You will enjoy - me thinks.

Now if could just find about 8k stuffed into my couch cushions... ๐Ÿ‘

Now that's a project. I thought about putting a 5ohundy motor in my 450X frame 'til I saw the price for a motor.....๐Ÿ‘

Don't let that discourage you... they can be had for $500 if you search, and are patient.

What are you going to do with the '05 as it sits?? Or have you already done something with it?

You got the right one.

I almost bought a 300 instead of the 450x except for the red sticker.(and the color)

Perfect all around bike IMO - especially now with the button.

You will enjoy - me thinks.

Now if could just find about 8k stuffed into my couch cushions... ๐Ÿ‘

I found the money at the credit union.......๐Ÿคฃ:lol:๐Ÿ™‚ If you're in a green sticker pinch just plate it in AZ and call it good:ride:

Congrads ! That's a nice bike. Talk to Chris. He has his set up great.

For sure! Wanted to ride with Chris today but I had to take a road trip and couldn't ride at all. He's getting me schooled about the bike already. It would be great if you could be there too:thumbsup: Maybe Thomas can show up too. ๐Ÿ‘

Don't let that discourage you... they can be had for $500 if you search, and are patient.

What are you going to do with the '05 as it sits?? Or have you already done something with it?

Sold it as is. She'll live again because the buyer has a motor and no chassis. I wanted to try and buy the motor but that was a no go. Worked out great for both of us. Win-win:thumbsup:

For sure! Wanted to ride with Chris today but I had to take a road trip and couldn't ride at all. He's getting me schooled about the bike already. It would be great if you could be there too:thumbsup: Maybe Thomas can show up too.๐Ÿคฃ

๐Ÿ‘ How's the song go. I'm on my way !!!

HAHAHA! That's funny, Charlie. We had a theme song on the USS Ranger (CV-61) and it was Willie Nelson's "On The Road Again". It would play on the 1MC whenever we shoved off and the whole crew would sing the song but we changed the words to "on the rag again." That would definitely not be a good pre-ride theme song though. Maybe something more along the lines of Thin Lizzy or Black Sabbath?

So Cubera what do you think of the power level & deliver compared to the x? I rode a 200xc-w and was very disapointed... the band seemed too short, had to ride it very agressivly or it had nothing at all. I hear the 300 is much better but that info's source was too far gone to tell an objective review. Guess what Im saying is Im looking for similar power level & delivery of the x only in a lighter more agile package.

So Cubera what do you think of the power level & deliver compared to the x? I rode a 200xc-w and was very disapointed... the band seemed too short, had to ride it very agressivly or it had nothing at all. I hear the 300 is much better but that info's source was too far gone to tell an objective review. Guess what Im saying is Im looking for similar power level & delivery of the x only in a lighter more agile package.

I would like to hear Cubera`s opinion of this as well (being he is an ex-450X owner)

I had a chance to FINALLY ride the bike hyped as the รนltimate off road weapon last year (300xc-w)

Honestly I was disappointed and found it to be as expected from a 2 smoker .. very little tractor lugging, and then a "hit" like a punch to the face, rip the handlebars from your hands. It had a "light switch" powerband .. there was either no power, OR way too much. Was not a very smooth transition from low to mid to top.

I came off a 450X, now ride a 450R and am seriously considering going back to the 450X ... but after spending about 40 minutes on the 300xc, I was not convinced in the least. Maybe I just convinced myself I was a 4T kind of guy. Also am not sold on single pivot non-linkage rear suspension ... used in the MTB world years ago and phased out by almost ever manufacturer (in the basic sense ... arguable some suspension versions are still single pivot in nature but with numerous pivot points). I have also spent some time on a YZ-250, and it had very nice suspension feel and believe it or not .. better low end than the KTM .. seat of pants feel (IMO).

If/when KTM changes to linkage (they will .. their new 350 offering looks tempting), I would likely seriously consider buying one. STILL .. not sure about a 2T though.

To be fair to the bike I rode, it was completely stock form, so it had not been "set up" yet. But compared to my old 450X with that tractor pulling low end power, the KTM300 was not even close. Not even remotely close to my 450R set up for woods riding either. Maybe its just the 4T crowds`expectations`for low end power being spoiled with the 450x low end grunt. Everybody raves about the low end grunt of the 300xc ... but I often wonder if they have ever ridden a 450 4T ... (as I often wonder what they are comparing to). I thought it had VERY disappointing low end grunt ... but am comparing to 450 4T's.

I will be likely buying a new bike soon, and e-start is number 1 on the list. Outside of KTM, that does not leave many options. I am hoping somebody comes through next year with a decent offering ... low end torque, light weight, and e-start.

Would like to hear other reviews on what other people found on the 300xc compared to their 450x`s ..... is it just me, or is the low end completely lacking. With some simple mods (flywheel, etc.) does it transform the bike..๐Ÿ‘

Edited by supervokes