Stange behavior from WR any ideas?

I was out today and i stalled out trying to put my way around mudholes. (remember my leg). Well when i started it back up it was raceing at idle and if I wack the throttle it takes way longer than it should to return to idle. And the idle was probibly a solid 500rpm higer than it was right before it stalled.

So I drove to my fathers and figured mabie some mud got up in near the linkage and was sticking. I washed the bike and got up in there near the TB as much as I could. No luck bike was doing the same thing.

So now heres the mistery. I resolved the issue by turing the idle screw in a whole lot. Probibly 3 turns or more. I went up and down the street a few times and the bike was running perfect. It makes no sense how the bike stalled then started up instantly with a different idle. I should not of had to adjust anything

What in the world is going on? I have no Idea what (on a fuelie bike) could possibly cause this. TPS mabie. Im at a loss. And after the whole bleed screw delema at the dealer I realy dont want to go in there bitching about something wrong with the bike running perfect.

I was just going to say the TPS. That or even the throttle cable might be binding a bit, but if you played with the idle and it stopped that, then it shouldn't be that. Has it done it any more since you adjusted it?

• Like 1

Sounds like extra air is getting past the throttle blade somehow. I also suspect a vacuum leak coming from one of the vacuum lines but it could also be the throttle blade not closing completely. Does the linkage close all the way down to the stop on the throttle body?

Its pouring out right now so I cant work on my bike at the moment but tommorow I will go over everything. There is a considerable amount of play in the throttle I am hopeing the cables are stretched or something. Also about 5 mins before that i did a jump so something could of came undone with all the pluged hoses and crap it is entirely possible.

Thanks all I will post up what I find