Sign in to follow this  

YZ 125 surprising performance

Just thought I would share a moment...

Last night after work I took the 125 down to a local flat track (has a few turns etc) for some practice as they are having a race there in a couple of weeks.

Anyway yesterday I was discussing with a mate about racing the 125 and he recommended I run the 265 as the straight is a good 100+ m long and suggested that I would get a good start and should win the over 40's race.

I suggested that I put the 125 (88kg, and old) up against his or his son's 250F to size them up.

Anyway last night I lined up against his son (16 years old, 55KG and fast)on his 2009 KTM with Yoshi pipe, which by all accounts are no sloutch in the

250F HP race.

Well first start he got me by about 1/4 of a bike length. I thought, cool, the 125 is up there.

Next start I gave it a bit more throttle on the line, got him, that's 1 all.

Third start we had an RMZ and CRF 250 on the line also,

Well that little 125 with my 88Kg butt ripped them all into the first turn.

Needless to say the boys were impressed with the 125:thumbsup:

Wonder how it would go with a 144 kit:busted:

If any one knows or sees a cheap 125 cylinder and head off a 06 up going please let me know.

Anyway back down there tonight. think I have the starts nailed.

Edited by BRM

if you decide to be a big boy and ride the 125 against the 250fs and i come up to the race will you fit your hgs onto my yz please as i need all the help i can get with my 95 kilos and 56 years.please thank your wife for my 1.5kg gain in weight from my last visit great food, great friends and look out when you visit ****et in a few weeks. phily cee