RM 125 clutch problem

My friend bought a 2003 RM 125 and when you shift it down to first it stalls out, when you give it gas and shift it down it starts off fine.

The kid said that the bike came from said the clutch cable was off a KDX and was a bit too long. I bought a new clutch cable for it, put it on and getting the same problem. I tried adjusting it, same result.

Can anyone help me out with the problem?

thanks,

If your clutch lever adjustment is correct, you may have a notched clutch basket. Especially if it still wants to stall even after it's warmed up. Even a good clutch basket can do what you stated when it's cold, but will usually stop after it's warmed up. It's called adhesion. In othjer words, you clutch plates and discs are stuck together with a film of oil from sitting with the clutch springs clamping them together. Adhesion is noraml.

I had the same problem with my yz125. It kept stalling when I dropped it into 1st. But after a while it warmed up and stopped doing it.

The only thing that is random about mine is that it only just started happening. It was not doing that before.

Checking out your clutch is a real simple task to check for notches and worn plates. Just make sure you put everything in the way you took it out.