Question about cam chain tension lifter

Ok..had to tear down the engine..removed the head and cylinder..but I didnt remove the cam chain tensioner lifter from the cylider like the book said.

Now im in re-assembly and installing the cam. Question is can I get away with out having removed it and making that little key tool that the Clymer manual shows? Has anyone re-assembled after not removing the tensioner and everything was ok when they fired it up?

Thanks for any response.

Ok..had to tear down the engine..removed the head and cylinder..but I didnt remove the cam chain tensioner lifter from the cylider like the book said.

Now im in re-assembly and installing the cam. Question is can I get away with out having removed it and making that little key tool that the Clymer manual shows? Has anyone re-assembled after not removing the tensioner and everything was ok when they fired it up?

Thanks for any response.

Hi rothman it will have to be removed but you dont need the little tool turn the screw untill the plunger is retracted all the way and then hold the plunger in with your hand while you remove the screwdriver and it stays there refit and release with the screwdriver heres a vid i did of it:thumbsup:

Edited by sir fallsalot