Sign in to follow this  

K&N Cleaner?

Hey

im looking to get a K&N for my WR250X before i spend money on a Custom mapped dyno tune. do you guys that have it notice a difference in performance over the stock intake? Over all is it worth the 50 bucks?

Thanks

Sam

Im sure it flows better than a oiled foam filter(just about everything does), but in my experience they dont filter nearly as well. Shouldnt be a issue on a X though.

My throttle response seemed just a little quicker, but other than that not much noticible improvement.

Im sure it flows better than a oiled foam filter(just about everything does), but in my experience they dont filter nearly as well. Shouldnt be a issue on a X though.

why do you think they shouldn't be used on the x?

I'd say you're better off using the K&N on the X than the R, specially if you don't go offroad with the X that much. The K&N doesn't filter out the fine particulate like the stock filter does, such as when you are off-roading in silty, dusty crap. You could put a pre-cleaner over it, but it seems most R riders stick with the oiled filters.

I'd say you're better off using the K&N on the X than the R, specially if you don't go offroad with the X that much. The K&N doesn't filter out the fine particulate like the stock filter does, such as when you are off-roading in silty, dusty crap. You could put a pre-cleaner over it, but it seems most R riders stick with the oiled filters.

thats sorta what i was thinking but i got confused when he said not for the x. i have a k&n on my truck and i know what you mean about the silty dusty crap getting in there. the pre-cleaner thats like a mesh bag you put over, right?

Yep, that's right. It does filter out a lot of the small stuff, but off road even that doesn't seem to catch the real fine moon dusty stuff. I have the K&N on my truck too. You'd be amazed what an old pair of pantyhose is good for. 👍

why do you think they shouldn't be used on the x?

No, I was saying that they should be OK on the X but not the R.

No, I was saying that they should be OK on the X but not the R.

Yeah i just reread your post. that was my bad. i read it wrong.👍:bonk:

I have one that I bought for my R but decided that I did not want to use it. I had it on the bike for ten minutes and ran it around the block. Felt like an improvement, but I was worried about the dirt offroad. PM me if you have any questions as I might be interested in selling it.

another question. if i put a k&n on the bike am i going to want to get a new mapping for my powercommander? or will it work alright before i spend the money for a custom map?

will it work without a new map?